Complaints Procedure

At South Gables Dental Practice we pride ourselves on the high quality of care we provide our patients. Our aim is to look after you as we wish to be looked after ourselves.

However, if you have any concerns or comments regarding your dental care, we will address these as a matter of priority.

We welcome all feedback, both positive and negative, regarding all feedback as an opportunity to learn and improve our service in the future.  We will not react  unnecessarily defensively, and your confidentiality and access to our services will be protected.

How do I complain?

You can make a complaint directly to your dentist or any member of the practice team, either verbally or in writing.

Further assistance and advice can be found at:

Dental Complaints Service (for complaints relating to private dental care)
Stephenson House
2 Cherry Orchard Road
email to:

How will my complaint be handled?


A verbal complaint will be immediately logged by the member of the team you talk to, and we will try and resolve your concerns at the time. If appropriate, the Practice Manager will discuss your complaint with you to try and resolve the situation. As all of our dentists operate as independent practitioners, any complaint concerning clinical care will be immediately passed to your treating clinician, who will be available to discuss and resolve your concerns.


You can make a complaint in writing for attention of the Practice Manager or the dentist, and it will be handled as outlined below.

  1. An acknowledgement letter of your complaint will be sent to you within 3 working days.
  2. Your complaint will be passed to our Complaints Manager, Dr. Arjun Shinh.
  3. If your complaint is about clinical care, it will be passed to your treating dentist so that they can respond to the complaint and resolve it.
  4. A full response will be provided to you within 10 working days.

If we think there will be a delay in providing a full response, we’ll let you know, and we’ll keep you updated every 10 working days of the progress of your complaint.

What do I do if I’m not satisfied with the complaints process?

If you’re not happy with how your complaint has been handled, then please get in touch with our Complaints Manager, Dr. Arjun Shinh, who can be contacted at

What do I do if I’m not satisfied with the outcome?

If you are not satisfied with the outcome of your complaint, you can escalate this to following alternative bodies:

Dental Complaints Service
Stephenson House
2 Cherry Orchard Road

A complaint needs to be raised with the Dental Complaints Service within 12 months of the issue either taking place, or becoming known to yourself.

If you still remain dissatisfied with the resolution of your complaint, then the Parliamentary Health and Service Ombudsman can be contacted at:

Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman
Millbank Tower
tel: 0345 015 4033

Book a consultation

Contact us

New patients

Treatment fees